Kevin Sookhee presented to the MGAA on Data Litigation and the New Cyber World. The presentation was in conjunction with EC3 Legal.
Data breaches whether through criminal activity or accidental data loss, have immediate ramifications that can include reputational damage, liability claims from customers, action by regulators and the associated insurance claims and disputes. This talk will help you understand potential threats for your businesses and will include discussions around the risks presented by Artificial Intelligence, cryptocurrencies, digital ledger technology and blockchain. Additionally it will look at the steps regulators are taking including the new FCA consultation on the guidance under which cryptoassets are regulated.
– Understanding the impact of data litigation in the UK.
– Defining and being able to list the relevant sections of data protection legislation and the implications of breach.
– Summarising the current cyber threat to business.
– Understanding the threats for businesses.
– Identifying crypto risk, digital ledger technology and blockchain and their impact on insurance business
– Having knowledge of recent court actions and being able to list relevant case law in relation to data protection in the UK and Internationally.
– Understanding the impact on moving data with regards to Brexit and the transfer of international data.
– Demonstrating new knowledge of the current relevant data protection legislation to your business.